How has winter been for you? We have had a massive amount of snow here and I for one will be glad when it gets warm enough that I can open up the windows and air out the house. Not to mention seeing the grass again! I am so used to spending at least one weekend a month out in nature, camping or hiking. Something where we can get out and stretch our legs a bit. Sadly we have been so sick the last two months that we have had to skip our nature weekends! I miss it terribly! I would love to get back out into the wilds and breathe deep. It’s so relaxing.
Despite the wave of illness that has kept me from heading outside, I have been able to work on several crafty things lately. If I can’t get outside, I might as well make the most of the time I spend inside! I figured I would share a few of the projects with you to let you know I am still alive and kicking. Life has been super busy here at The Jeweled Heron and once the sun returns I will take pictures of my new creations and post them in the store! As always if you see something you like, let me know.
Seeing as how I love lists, (Big shock coming from the girl who likes to organize her beads eh?) I am going to organize my thoughts into a nice list for you all.
- I finished organizing my beads! It was great! Then I found another hidden stash of beads that has yet to be organized by the new organizational system I am using. I’m not sad about this. I’m actually looking forward to trying to fit them in. Does that make me weird?
- I have finished another pendant. When I was working on this one I was certain I wouldn’t like it. However, now that it is done, I’m actually liking it quite a bit. I am going to do it in another color to see if I _actually_ like it or if it was just a fluke. Till then, here is a picture of it.
- I tried my hands at another pendant pattern and realized I actually DO hate it. I won’t be posting a picture of that one. Seriously, it’s terrible. I’m trying to figure out how to save it. The more I think about it, the more I want to tear it apart and use the beads for something else. Ugh.
- I finished a necklace and matching earrings! They were super fun, and made up for the last pendant’s disappointment. Every failure deserves a win. This duo is my win.
- I found a fun blog post about jewelry inspired by books. It was cute! You should check it out too.
- This blog is just one aspect of the Jeweled Heron’s public face. Don’t forget you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook too! They are a great way to keep up to date with what I am working on as I am working on them! You don’t have to wait for me to write up a formal blog post like you do here. Likes and comments remind me that I am not alone with my beady obsessions. *laughs*
- Just in case you missed it on the Facebook page. I love skulls. My little jewelry loving heart loves gemstones. You put the two together and I can’t help but want them all! Check out these amazing gemstone skulls! So realistic and so beautiful! I need to start a collection. *drools*
Welp! That is everything for now! I hope you folks have a great and crafty weekend!